The Scottish Inclusion Health and Homelessness Conference will be held in Central Hall, Edinburgh on Wednesday 27 March 2019.
This will be the fourth annual conference and it promises to be another informative and enjoyable event! Speakers include:
• Dr Igor van Laere, coordinator of the Netherlands Street Doctors group, on the Dutch experience of providing homeless healthcare
• Dr Zana Khan, Pathway GP, about implementing the Pathway model in a mental health setting
• Michelle Reilly from Streetfit Scotland about delivering a health, fitness and wellbeing programme to homeless people
• Dr Adam Burley on why housing is a health intervention
• Chantal Edge, University College London, about the new UCL Collaborative Centre for Inclusion Health
We will have a series of workshops to choose from on a great range of topics:
• Access to health and social care for people with No Recourse to Public Funds
• Substance use: current trends and issues
• The role of community nurses in delivering health services at the margins: a public health necessity
• Youth homelessness: identification, prevention and intervention
• What next for health and homelessness data linkage in Scotland
• Healthy Finances: early intervention to reduce the risk of homelessness
• Engaging with Gypsy/Travellers around health and wellbeing
• Time for Change – Qualified through Experience
For more information about breakout sessions, please go to the NHS Health Scotland website
In the exhibition area, you will have an opportunity to speak to people from legal services and the Department for Work and Pensions, who can answer your questions and tell you about the support and services they can provide. There will also be information about the work of a range of third sector organisations.
In the wellbeing area, we will continue our commitment to caring for staff by offering free taster sessions of seated shiatsu and hand massage.
Everyone with an interest in inclusion health is welcome, including frontline health and social care staff, third sector organisations, housing providers, service planners and commissioners, and people with experience of homelessness or exclusion.
The full programme will be available soon, but register now to secure your place!
All Day (Friday)
2 West Tollcross, Edinburgh, EH3 9BP