This event will examine government priorities and
This event will examine government priorities and best practice when tackling the ongoing challenge of eliminating violence against women and girls in Scotland.
Getting support right
November 2018 marked one year since the publication of the Scottish Government and COSLA’s Equally Safe strategy. Clear progress has been made with achievements such as the passing of the Domestic Abuse (Scotland) Act 2018, which recognised the devastating impacts of controlling behaviour in law, and the expansion of the Rape Crisis Sexual Violence Prevention Programme in schools to tackle negative behaviours before they establish.
As amazing as progress has been so far, there is still much to be done in eradicating violence against women and girls. The event will take a comprehensive look at priorities, challenges and good practice in tackling gendered violence in Scotland.
Key issues we’ll address with you
- One year on from Equally Safe – key insights
- Existing policy and future Scottish Government priorities for tackling violence against women
- Primary prevention: stopping violence before it occurs
- Ensuring support to survivors is appropriate and effective
- Approaches to preventing violence against women in specific settings, e.g. on campus, in the workplace
Further information can be accessed via the link – https://www.holyrood.com/event/eradicating-violence-against-women-and-girls
For all event enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 285 1635
All Day (Monday)
Central Edinburgh - Venue TBC