This timely event will be an opportunity
This timely event will be an opportunity to discuss the Scottish Goverment’s upcoming Restorative Justice Action Plan, due to be published by Spring 2019.
Delivering better outcomes for victims
The concept of restorative justice as a tool for reducing recidivism and improving outcomes for victim is gaining traction, with a growing evidence base suggesting it is an effective approach.
The Scottish Government has announced that it will publish a Restorative Justice Action Plan by Spring 2019, outlining how restorative justice services will be expanded across Scotland by 2023.
So what role can your organisation play in expanding the delivery of restorative justice in Scotland? What are the policy priorities needed to ensure that an expansion of services is delivered successfully?
Join Holyrood on 8 May, for this CPD accredited event tackling these vital issues. You’ll hear from an expert speaker line-up as well as having the opportunity to engage in peer learning and discussion, leaving with tangible solutions to implement in your own organisation.
Key issues to be addressed
- Latest thinking on Scottish Government plans for expansion of restorative justice services
- Lessons from restorative justice in other jurisdictions
- Innovative approaches – delivering restorative justice in practice
- The role of restorative justice within the wider justice system
Who should attend
- Community justice organisations
- Police Scotland
- Criminal justice social workers
- Criminal justice voluntary sector workers
Further information can be accessed via the link – https://www.holyrood.com/event/delivering-restorative-justice-scotland
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0131 285 1635
All Day (Monday)
Central Edinburgh - Venue TBC