This event brings together outstanding experts from across the third sector, politics, and higher education to examine how we create spaces that encourage babies and young children to learn through play because they feel
This event brings together outstanding experts from across the third sector, politics, and higher education to examine how we create spaces that encourage babies and young children to learn through play because they feel relaxed, comfortable, safe, and ‘at home’.
Environments promoting early independence
The Curriculum for Excellence states that ‘All early years settings need to provide flexible and stimulating environments to fully engage children in their learning’. Carefully planned spaces can promote high engagement and quality learning opportunities. This is your opportunity to reflect on the opportunities in your setting for children to explore and discover for themselves and to consider what you can do to offer an environment where this can happen. You will leave with tangible solutions to put into practice in your early years’ setting.
It is recognised that children learn and develop best in caring, supportive environments that respond to their individual needs, allowing them to play and explore. In addition to the physical environment, there are many ‘invisible’ influences, such as the way children are welcomed, are encouraged to learn within the setting, and the nature of the relationships between their peers and other adults.
Join us as we help you explore the opportunities for shaping your setting around the needs of the children you work with and encouraging learning through play.
Why come to this event?
- Learn from outstanding experts involved in the delivery of ELC, higher education research, and senior parliamentarians
- Your chance to question all of these great people
- Join the conversation in an interactive roundtable discussion
- Meet other people involved in ELC and share best practice
Who should attend?
- Nursery managers/providers
- Local authority children and young people professionals
- Elected representatives with an interest in education
- Academics interested in early years
- Other professionals interested in early learning and childcare
Further information and booking details can be accessed via the link – https://www.holyrood.com/event/creating-early-years-environments-stimulating-play-and-learning
All Day (Thursday)
Central Edinburgh - Venue TBC