Are you worried about a child or young person affected by the Covid crisis?
The pandemic means vulnerable children and young people (and their families) can experience negative impacts on their health and wellbeing or be at risk of harm and could benefit from support (before they reach a crisis). Barnardo’s Scotland have secured NET funding to respond to these situations with their new See, Hear, Respond Service. They will respond quickly to every enquiry or referral so that no child gets missed and will help in a number of ways:
- An online hub of support and information
- A telephone helpline and web-based “front door” to access help
- Practical support, advice and guidance
- Signposting to local agencies and services
- Virtual interventions with young people or families (telephone or video therapeutic response which may include counselling, other therapies or family work)
You can help by becoming familiar with the See, Hear, Respond web-page and sharing this with others. https://www.barnardos.org.uk/see-hear-respond
You can also refer any child or family (with children) or young people (age 25 years and under) that you are worried about through the secure referral form https://www.barnardos.org.uk/see-hear-respond-net or calling 0800 157 7015 Monday – Friday 12 noon – 7.00pm.
As we all continue to navigate the coronavirus and its aftermath, thank you for taking action to provide children and young people with the support they need.