Health and Justice
The Health and Justice Thematic Group has been formed to strengthen links between health and justice agencies to promote joint improvements in service delivery and to provide a platform for partners to work together on the many cross cutting issues that relate to health and justice.
The remit of the group includes providing a collaborative, multi-disciplinary forum to:
- Share good practice and research;
- Identify opportunities for joint work and inter-agency collaboration;
- Link with Third Sector agencies;
- Share resources and skills.
The group high level aims are:
- Work collaboratively to reduce offending and reoffending
- Provide opportunities to divert people from the formal justice system
- Reduce health inequalities
- Improve health and wellbeing for people involved in the justice system
More detailed information on our work in this area will follow soon.